Saturday, August 20, 2011

Artist of the Week 1

So this new post was inspired by the fact that lately I've been listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin and today I decided to listen to everything by them, every single song. Just to add a hint of awesomeness to the paper I have to finish today.

You probably all know about them so there's really no need for an introduction. But just as a small reminder:
They're English, they've been rocking since 1968, the guitarist name is Jimmy Page, the singer Robert Plant, the drummer John Bonham and bassist John Paul Jones.
After Bonham died, in 1980, they stopped playing but still remain a legend in the rock scene. :)

The song I love most by them is.. hmm.. this is a hard one! but I'll go for "D'yer Mak'er"! Ah yeah.

Well here are the videos, because the best always comes at the end:
Enjoy!







oh and this one...


and:


I'd post more but that would take up too much space. To make it easier for you, here are the albums from '60s to the '80s:
1969 - Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin II
1970 - Led Zeppelin III
1971 - Led Zeppelin IV
1973 - House of Holy
1975 - Physical Graffiti
1976 - Presence
1979 - In Through the Out Door
1982 - Coda
(of course there are other Compilations that appeared, Best Of's etc but if you really wanna go into that kind of stuff you can search for more info on the "Internetz".


PS: For this post to be even more awesome, I didn't really know until after I published it, it's Robert Plant's birthday today! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment